SHORT PROGRAMMES: UPGRADE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE TO ENSURE SUCCESS IN A CHOSEN FIELD OF LEARNING (NON CREDIT BEARING).
The competent learner will be able to set up groups / teams and developing skills to train and develop their subordinates to make them part of the managerial process. Receive skills in decision making, organisation, motivation, budget control and personnel management.
An integrated assessment approach, using both formative and summative methods of assessments, is used. The activities will be completed in a portfolio of evidence.
The programme duration is 4 working days.
Programmes are offered during the week, but special arrangements can be made on request.
R4950.00 per person
22 – 25 April – Witbank
Chapter 1 – An outline of Management
- Introduction to Management
- Levels of Management
- Role and functions of Management
- Management Skills
Chapter 2 – Role of Supervisors in Management
- Definition of the term ‘supervisor’
- Place of supervisors in the management hierarchy
- Changing role of supervisors
- Difference between workers and supervisors
- Management functions
- Supervisors – observe and interpret management
- New supervisors – where to focus your attention
Chapter 3 – Planning
- Purpose of Planning
- Types of plans & the management hierarchy
- The planning process
- The planning process & the supervisor
- Time management
Chapter 4 – Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Importance of decision making
- Different types of problems and solutions
- Approaches to a problem
- Steps in decision making and problem solving
- Choosing the best solution
- Follow up and evaluation
- Corrective action
Chapter 5 – Control
- The control process
- The total control system
- Resistance to control
Chapter 6 – Organising
- The organising process
- Principles of organising
- Formation of groups
Chapter 7 – The Role of the Supervisor in Provision, Development & Maintenance of HR
- Definition of the human resource function
- The primary task of the human resource function and the supervisor’s role
Chapter 8 – Leading
- The nature of leading
- The implementation of leadership
On successful completion of the programme, the learner will receive a certification Short Programme Certificate in Supervision.